The City of Janesville has established a policy which permits adults, organizations, and agencies to conduct special events in the Janesville Park System or within the street right-of-way in accordance with the Janesville Code of City Ordinances (Chapter 12.20 and 12.62).
Interested in hosting a Special Event? The Recreation Division is happy to assist you. The application process begins with the following:
SPECIAL EVENT GUIDELINES, APPLICATION
Please submit your application 30 days prior to your event.
- Special Event Guidelines
- NEW: Special Event Application Web Form
- Prefer a printable application? Download here.
Described in the Special Events Guidelines.
- Proof of Insurance
- Route and/or Area Map
- Pavilion/Picnic Grove Rental Form
- Temporary Class B Beer Permit (Class B applications must be returned in person to the Clerk Treasurer's Office, located on the second floor of City Hall, 18 N. Jackson Street)
- Commercial Vendor Form
- Fireworks Display Permit Request (Fireworks Display Permit request must be returned in person to the Clerk-Treasurer's office, located on the second floor of City Hall, 18 N. Jackson St.)
- Temporary Structure/Tent Permit (For tents larger than 10' x 20'. Temporary structure permit applications must be returned in person to the Building and Development Services Department on the third floor of City Hall, 18 N. Jackson St.)
- Temporary Restaurant Application (Rock County Health Department)
- Neighborhood Block Party Guide
Payment for your event will depend on the size, scope, and resources required. Please consult the Special Event Guidelines to calculate your cost. Payment can be made by cash, or check made payable to City of Janesville. Separate checks are required for payment to separate Departments.Visa or MasterCard is acceptable only for charges collected by the Parks & Recreation Divisions (special event fee, pavilion fee, equipment rental fee).
Office: Recreation Division, 1st Floor, City Hall
No person or organization shall conduct a special event on public property without first having obtained a Special Event Permit. All applicants and participants must comply with applicable City and park ordinances.